Hi guys, it’s Louise! Hope you all are having a great day/night.
Okay now, I’ve been nominate for The Sunshine Blogger Award by not only one or two but by THREE amazing bloggers! Thank you so much for nominating me, I have no words— you guys are SO AWESOME.
Here are the three awesome bloggers who nominated me, be sure to give their blogs a visit!
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive the award.
- Give them 11 new questions (if you want to)
- Display the award on your blog (if you want to)
This post will have three portions for the three set of questions. SO LET’S GET THIS STARTED!
1. Summer or Winter?
I live in a tropical country so I haven’t experienced Winter yet, and I would love to see and feel real life snow! But Summer is also great because it always means VACATION TIME!
2. Favourite film?
I’m not a big movie person, though I love watching Disney and Pixar films or any animated film. Ratatouille and Inside Out are some of my favorites!
3. What would you do if you had one million dollars/pounds?
Oh gosh, first thing I’ll do is secure it in a bank then I’ll think about all the things I could do with all that money like use it to make my own library, or I don’t know save it up for the future and donate some for charity. (I’m not that money crazy haha)
4. What would your ideal day be like?
Hmmm, just a stress-free day where I could stay home with a kitchen full of foods and read an amazing book peacefully.
5. Most uplifting/badass song?
Singing along Born For This by Paramore could cure bad vibes any day. While Playdate by Melanie Martinez is my anthem whenever I’m annoyed with someone because that chorus is just so badass to sing.
6. Your best memory?
Uhmm, this is pretty hard… I can’t think of a special memory to share. I think my brain is all fuzzy right now. I’ll just say the day when I finally had my braces off, I REMEMBER BEING SO HAPPY ABOUT HAVING PERFECTLY ALIGNED TEETH AFTERWARDS.
7. If you could have any superpower what would it be?
I WANT TO BE A WIZARD! Oh, that’s not a superpower… anyways, it would be so awesome if I could fly because I seriously want to be up close and personal with all of those fluffy clouds!
8. What advice would you give to your ten year old self?
BE THANKFUL FOR NAP TIME, SERIOUSLY KID YOU’RE GOING TO REGRET NOT SLEEPING WHILE YOU STILL HAD THE TIME WHEN YOU GET OLDER!
9. Would you rather visit the past or the future (of your own life)?
Let’s get this clear that it will just be a “visit” because I seriously don’t want to mess with space-time and create black holes or whatever. I’ll probably visit the past and relive all the beautiful moments of my life and maybe some of the cringe-worthy embarrassing ones. I don’t want to visit the future because, like the good reader that I am, I don’t want to spoil myself.
10 What is your favourite comfort food?
Ice cream brings comfort even on rainy days. I also love Champorado which is a sweet chocolate rice porridge in Philippine cuisine (and yes, I Googled that definition).
11. What’s something that made you smile today?
I’m was reading The Square Root of Summer a while ago and there was a line said by Thomas that made me smile like an idiot.
1. If you could live in a fictional world what world would you move to and why?
Is it legal to answer Hogwarts? BECAUSE I SERIOUSLY WANT TO BE ABLE TO USE MAGIC.
2. Most owned Author?
Miss Jenny Han, because she’s my favorite contemporary author. And I love all of her books so much!
3. If you re-read books what book is your most read? If you don’t re-read books what book would you want to re-read if you could?
I have re-read a couple of books namely Lola and the Boy Next Door (because I missed Cricket so much and I wanted to cure a reading slump), To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before (re-read it before its sequel came-out), and The Hunger Games (after watching Mockingjay: Part 2 because there was no more movie to look forward too). I’ve only re-read them once though.
I WOULD DEFINITELY RE-READ HARRY POTTER, this year but not so soon. I have a long list of other books I want to re-read, and The Realm of Possibility by David Levithan is on top of that list.
4. A quote from your last favorite read?
“That’s the trouble with revisiting the past—it makes it hard to live in the now, and the future, impossible.”
This is a quote from my current read, The Square Root of Summer by Harriet Reuter Hapgood, I don’t know if it will be one of my favorite books because I’m not yet done with it but I’m really enjoying the book.
5. If you could move to a desert island with everyone you love and read to your heart is content but have no internet would you do it?
Maaaaybe, it would be okay I guess but I wouldn’t want to be there permanently like for the rest of my life! I could stay there for like a month and then go on in doing other remarkable things with my life, it could be like a break from everything.
6. Favorite social media platform? (Not including WordPress)
I use Twitter and Instagram a lot, they’re currently just my personal accounts and are not-so-bookish but I still get updates on my favorite authors and other bookish stuff. I might open a full-time bookish account in Twitter and/or Instagram in the future.
AND I’VE RECENTLY JOINED SNAPCHAT AND I ADMIT IT’S REALLY FUN HAHA.
7. Do you have a yearly reading goal? How many books do you hope to read this year?
I had started my yearly reading goals last year (2015) with 50 books, and successfully finished 51/50— yay for me! This year is my first time to do it on Goodreads and I have already read 34 out of 60 books.
8. What book would you recommend to your younger self?
I DIDN’T HAVE A MAGICAL CHILDHOOD BECAUSE I WAS SO STUBBORN AND CLOSE-MINDED, I WOULD DEFINITELY FORCE MY YOUNGER SELF TO READ HARRY POTTER.
9. Favorite Harry Potter character?
LUNA LOVEGOOD ALL THE WAY. Sometimes I just was I could be awesome like her.
10. What would your Ridiculous superpower be? example: Making ice-cream from your fingertips? Shooting Spaghetti out of your palms
I would love to be able to just tell the time even without looking at my watch or at the clock. And not just the time in my current location but in every timezone. It would so cool, people would like ask me what time it is in China and I’ll be like, “5:24 PM” in a smug and cool way. (I’m such a dork.)
11. You most anticipated book release this year?
I don’t really have a book that I was anticipating to be release this year, maybe because I don’t like reading Book Series while they are still on-going. Nevertheless, this year is filled with a lot of interesting and amazing contemporary books, so I’m really excited about those books.
1. What is your favourite song?
I don’t have an all-time favorite song because it varies depending on my current mood, but if I had to choose it would be Misguided Ghosts by Paramore just because I love listening to it and the lyrics is just so good.
2. Do you prefer buying books or borrowing?
Definitely buying books, I find it fulfilling knowing that the book is mine to keep.
3. Do you have any pets?
I had a pet dog before, which I already shared the story before in a different post. Currently, we have a cat but it’s more of my father’s pet. I’M STILL WAITING FOR MY PARENTS TO APPROVE OF HAVING A GOLDEN RETRIEVER.
4. What is one thing you want to do in the future?
Travel because IT’S A BIG AND WONDERFUL WORLD WAITING TO BE EXPLORED…when I already have the sufficient amount of money.
5. What is your worst habit?
I PROCRASTINATE A LOT and I hate myself for it. I hate that I always put off things in the last minute, I’m the worst.
6. Your dream job?
I DON’T KNOW. I’m still undecided on what career to pursue and what to do with my life. Even as a child I didn’t have a dream job, I basically just don’t want to waste my life doing something that I don’t find happiness on.
7. What genre is your favourite?
Book-wise, I LOVE CONTEMPORARY BOOKS AND YOU CAN’T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.
8. What is your favourite TV show?
I don’t watch TV Shows because I’m really more of a reader but I LOVE ADVENTURE TIME as you might have all noticed with may GIFs.
9. Where in the world do you live?
IN THE PHILIPPINES, that country where the current Miss Universe is from? Yup, I’m pretty like that. Haha, kidding.
10. If you had the chance to meet an author or celebrity, who would you choose?
ALL OF MY FAVORITE AUTHORS AND CELEBRITIES AND BANDS AND MUSICIANS AND MODELS. Like J.K Rowling, Jenny Han, Jandy Nelson, Taylor Swift, Lorde, Paramore, and Gigi Hadid. (THESE ARE JUST SOME OF THEM) I’m so sorry I couldn’t pick one.
11. If you had 1 million pounds/dollars, what would you do with it?
The same answer with Ellen’s question, secure it in a bank first of course.
- How was your day?
- Favorite fictional book couple?
- Compare your favorite book to a vegetable.
- Do you wear glasses or contacts, or do you have perfect eye sight?
- What is the color of your eyes?
- When you’re reading, does your face show your emotions or do you have a normal reading face?
- What do you love about books?
- What do you hate or dislike about books?
- What was the last book you cried over?
- What do you like to do if you’re not reading?
- Any weird talents like, being able to touch your nose with your tongue?
I nominate these wonderful blogs:
Coffeeholic Bookworm / The Book Harpy / Bookevin / Drizzle & Hurricane Books / Hey Ashers! / Quirky and Peculiar / The Belgian Reviewer / The Scarlet Bookkeeper / icebreaker694 / Calliope The Book Goddess / Reading Every Night
Please do disregard if you’ve already received this award and don’t feel like doing it again!
Thank you again for those three awesome nominations! And if you made it through all 33 questions, you now have some useless information about me. Haha, thank you so much for reading.
Please do leave any comments, thoughts, messages, reactions, and/or suggestions! Thank you for reading. Until next time,