Genie Shares is a Saturday feature in geniereads, where in Louise (weekly) shares a personal book-related story.
So sorry if I didn’t do a Genie Shares post last week but, in case you have missed it, I did share a brief story about how my blog started, on this post.
Today however, I do not have any book-related story but I do have an awful lot of facts to give. Because in line with the celebration of my First month of Blogging, I posted something called 1 Like = 1 Fact About Me, andohmygoodnessidontevenknowhow but it gained 95 likes.
Okay now, here are 95 random (bookish* and non-bookish**) facts about Louise. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
*Bookish/Blog related facts are colored like this.
**Non-bookish facts are colored like this.
- I don’t have a favorite book, because how could you choose only one?! I do have a list of my favorite books at Goodreads. (Click here to check it out)
- I love socks, especially those with adorable designs. My most loved pair has a panda design and it’s one of my most loved things but I would trade it for this blog and blogging.
- I post my reviews here on my blog and on Goodreads.
- I started this blog only knowing that I’ll be posting book reviews. I started following other blogs after I posted my first post and that was when I discovered a lot of other things about book blogging.
- I’m an 11th grader at a Science High School.
- I’ll be officially entering Senior High School on Monday, I’m taking up STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) track. Though I still don’t know what I’ll be majoring on college.
- Current favorite song: Wild Horses by Birdy
- If I were in a deserted island and could only bring one book, it’ll probably be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows because: (1) I’m Harry Potter trash, (2) it’s a long book to keep me busy, and (3) I could seriously re-read it again and again.
- The first (and only) Classic that I have read is Of Mice and Men. It was for a class in 9th grade. Lennie left me broken.
- As much as I love books, I don’t dream of becoming an author or publishing a book.
- I wrote the most cliché story in Wattpad when I was in 7th grade.
- I don’t have a very good posture, I don’t know how to not slouch.
- I had an eye infection that lasted for almost two months. You could see it on my prom pictures.
- After a week of wearing contact lenses, the infection returned. Now, I’m going to start school with an ugly eye.
- I will never wear contact lenses again. (Or at least for a month or so)
- I became an avid reader on 8th grade, the same year that I lost my place on the overall top ten.
- I love reading contemporary books.
- I seriously think that I’m not a very interesting person, so you could really stop reading this if you want to.
- I own a range of shoes but 99% of the time you’ll see me wearing my black converse.
- The only skirt that I wear is my school uniform skirt.
- I only wear a dress during special occasions, or basically when my Mom force me to.
- I choose contemporaries dealing with heavy issues over the lighthearted ones.
- Most of time my ratings are based on the emotional depth that I had with the book.
- I’m not a picky eater but I refuse to eat raisins, okra, sardines, eggplant, and etc.
- I can’t tolerate spicy food, even if it is just slighty spicy. This makes me sad, because a lot of spicy foods look delicious.
- One of my goals in life is to eat at one of Gordon Ramsay’s restaurants.
- Another goal is to visit Japan to go to Harry Potter World and Disneyland.
- Most of my book boyfriends have blue eyes. Most of them are quiet, nerdy, sweet, and slightly damaged.
- I will forever be in love with Peter Kavinsky (from To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before) and Miles Richter (from Made You Up).
- I still have to attend an English Class where I’ll actually learn a lot about literature and where essays (and other writings) are actually read.
- WordPress is the first app that I open in the morning.
- I still haven’t told my parents that I have a blog, they’ve been asking me why I’m always typing on my laptop.
- I’m extremely low on friends at Goodreads, so I would love to be friends with all of you! (here’s my Profile, add me!)
- I still haven’t read The Kill Order, and it has been over a year since I’ve finished The Maze Runner Series.
- I LOVE DISNEY. And it makes me sad that most of the shows now are not as good as the shows before.
- I downloaded all the seasons of Hannah Montana this summer and I only managed to finish watching Season 1.
- ADVENTURE TIME IS THE WEIRDEST AND MOST RANDOM SHOW EVER. I LOVE IT SO MUCH.
- Marceline is seriously my queen.
- I love bookmarking or putting those little sticky notes to mark my favorite lines on the book.
- I rarely use bookmarks, I try to remember the page number or chapter.
- I prefer the books than their movie adaptations but in the case of If I Stay and Me, Earl, and The Dying Girl I liked the movie more than the book.
- Unicorns are real because I’m secretly one.
- I’ll be turning 18 on August, just the thought of it freaks me out.
- I started school a year late because of medical conditions, this fact has greatly affected my school life
- On a lighter note, the first thing that I want to do when I hit 18 is to purchase a Lottery ticket.
- I have a bad habit of reading spoilers and reading the last chapter of the book, then immediately regretting it.
- I love chocolates and candies. I could easily be bribed with candies.
- Some of my favorite foods are: Chocolate, Ice Cream, Pizza, Burgers, Tofu, Seafood (especially oysters), Lasagna, French Fries, mostly all Chicken dish, I seriously could go on for days.
- I used to be a huge Selanator, I stopped being a fan when Stars Dance album came out. But Selena Gomez still has a special place in my heart.
- I found new love with Paramore and I think that I’ll love them forever. Their songs helped me through a lot.
- When I discover a song that I like, I listen to the whole album. When I fall in love with the artist’s voice, I listen to his/her/their whole discography.
- Song lyrics matter most for me. If the lyrics isn’t any good I won’t like it even if it has the most catchy tune.
- I can read in any environment. Even if the music is blasting through the speakers or everyone is simultaneously being noisy or it is completely silent I could get lost in a book.
- I have never been in a relationship, I never had mutual feelings with someone.
- I had my first crush on 8th grade, it lasted for a long time. Oh god, one of my biggest regrets ever.
- I once took the Kinsey Scale Test, my result was X which meant that I was asexual. I don’t believe it because I’m seriously and exclusively heterosexual.
- I am a hopeless romantic, hence the love for romance novels.
- I find it more convenient to read emotional books through e-book because I don’t like ruining my physical copies with tears.
- People in real life find me intimidating, I think I give off a dark aura or something.
- I am an introvert. I am a snob. Therefore, I have a handful of people I consider as friends.
- I have high respect to all those people who can easily open up conversations and confidently approach others, like how do you even.
- I hate small talk. I prefer silence (no matter how awkward it is) over a forced conversation about the weather.
- Books are my favorite weapon against awkward moments. Just pull out a book, then you’re all fine.
- Ironically, introverted me was the Club President of the most extroverted club on our school in Junior High. It was like the English-Drama-Performing Arts club. (Club campaigning was torture)
- In order for me to start reading a book series, especially Fantasy ones, I need to be emotionally ready first.
- Last year we had a practical for Hiphop dance. Our year’s dancers made a 4-minute routine. I survived it without memorizing the steps. (Thank heavens because it was performed by batch and I practically became invisible)
- One time, I pulled out an all nighter for a book. My parents caught me awake at 4 am. Then confiscated my phone for 2 weeks.
- I judge books by their covers. I’m not even sorry.
- I changed some of my ratings on Goodreads my rating average dropped from 4.15 to 3.94.
- For me, it’s either having too much feelings or not feeling anything at all.
- Spoken Word Poetry was introduced to me October last year, I have fallen in love with the art form at once.
- I write poetry, and all of my poems are sad. The only thing that I could write about happiness is the lack of it.
- When I give out life or love advice, it is mostly more based on something that I read from a novel rather than from my own experience.
- I am not good at memorizing especially different terms, but I could easily remember events and moments.
- I don’t believe that action speaks louder than words. Words are very powerful to me.
- I don’t think that I’m articulate enough in terms of the English language. My vocabulary, grammar, and sentence construction need a lot of work.
- Sometimes I feel that blogging is so limiting, most times I can’t fully express myself in English and just want to type some Filipino (my mother-tongue) expressions.
- My comfort zone is rarely crossed, going out of it, is just too much for me. A lot of opportunities were turned down because of this.
- Last year, my English teacher asked if anyone of us have read the book I Was Here by Gayle Foreman. Only one hand, aside from mine, was raised. That hand belonged to someone who was just starting to become my friend, it was an amazing coincidence.
- I often re-read the ending or my favorites scenes when I finish a book.
- When a book leaves me emotionally wrecked and wanting more, I’ll look past its flaws and automatically give it a 5-star rating.
- Seeing people reading a fully opened paperback and not minding that, by doing that the spine would be broken makes my inside squirm. It’s a sad sight to see.
- I’m not a talented human being.
- I can’t believe the number of bloggers that liked my post, I expected to get a maximum of 50 likes.
- Throughout reading the series, I was definitely team-Gale. But I had a change of heart and I’m now team-Peeta.
- I don’t wear my retainers anymore.
- I’m a highly opinionated person but I choose to keep my mouth shut 90% of the time.
- Not a Christina Grimmie fan but what happened to her makes me sad. May she rest in peace. (I think that the world is so twisted)
- I still haven’t finished reading The Book Thief due to a weird event that happened when I was watching the movie. Lol.
- Not a reader of Nicholas Sparks’ books, I also haven’t watched any of its movie adaptations.
- 75% of the time, I don’t look at people in the eye while talking to them because eye contact makes me uncomfortable and sometimes insecure.
Congratulations you made it! Haha, here are some virtual candies for your prize. I hope you enjoyed all those useless facts about me. I had a not-so happy week and I feel like it affected the tone of my facts, but whatever. This was so much harder than I thought lol, I’m officially sick of talking about myself…for now.
So let’s talk about you guys! Surely you read something that you could relate to, do we have anything in common? Share some of your own bookish and non-bookish facts!
So sorry for all the typos and errors! 😅
Please do leave any comments, thoughts, messages, reactions, and/or suggestions! Thank you for reading. Until next time,